Health Sensing EE Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Health Sensing team design, develop, and launch next-generation Sensor Technologies in Apple products. The key goal of the Health Sensing team is to enable the world’s best user- experience. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience and proven track record in electrical or system hardware engineering
- Strong electrical engineering background on analog, mixed signal and failure analysis with mass production experience
- Proficiency in Python, MATLAB, LabView or similar scripting tools
- Experience in developing test plans, test cases, assessing risk, and system integration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as solid collaboration and leadership skills
- Knowledge of system and firmware development is a huge plus
- Experience in optical module development and quality management is a plus
- Experience in working overseas manufacturers and vendors is a plus
- Managing multinational vendors and the projects designated for the team, which will span the lifecycle of a new product from initial design and functional specification of new hardware features and overall subsystem design all the way to supporting and validating these features; - Driving the development of component/module vendors and tester/evaluation plan bring-up to deliver scalable solution to support Apple mass production in a high quality way; - Reviewing and commenting on schematics and system reviews, developing analysis tools for hardware performance, performing complex system level tests, resolving issues in existing products, and performing unit testing and integration testing; - Collaborating with hardware, electrical, quality, and test engineers that will be utilizing the health sensing feature, as well as writing design and architecture documents; and - up to 25% travel required (if based in Shanghai) or 60% travel required (if based in Taiwan).
Education & Experience
- M.S. degree in electrical engineering plus 2 years of factory support or vendor management experience. - Minimum of 5 years of relevant consumer electronics experience required.