OEM BPR Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Company overview Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and we reinvented it in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, we continue to own the industry in innovation with its award-winning computers, OS X operating system and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital media revolution with its iPod portable music and video players and iTunes online store and has entered the mobile phone market with its revolutionary iPhone. Make a difference. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Summary OEM BPR team is seeking an experienced and creative Program Manager to lead cross- functional projects and drive complex changes across CMs. The ideal candidate will combine exceptional managerial expertise with ability to convert ambiguity and uncertainty into execution plan. In this role, you will work with a globally dispersed cross-functional team to onboard new OEMs, add new supply chain capability, drive process optimization, increase scale & efficiency. You’ll plan, mobilize, and execute medium to large scale projects, ensuring system changes are well tested and signed off by before moving into production. You will be the prime mover of your projects including collaborating with WW and Regions, resource planning with OEMs, communications and project governance, risk management, change management, and readiness. You’ll connect the dots, build trust and understanding between groups, and orchestrate the multitude of activities needed to make your projects successful. The ideal candidate will have experience managing medium to large, global projects that interweave multiple teams and/or multiple systems.
- 10+ years experience planning, managing, and successfully delivering medium (6-8 month) to large (8-12+ month) systems projects.
- 10+ years experience B2B communications (EDI, XML, SFTP, Restful Web Services).
- 5+ years direct management experience.
- Direct experience with Information System, Business Enterprise Application, ERP system, Order Management System, Shop Floor Management, and/or Warehouse Management System.
- Proficient at managing multiple projects simultaneously and proven ability to manage deadlines
- Understanding of systems implementation and development lifecycles.
- Experience with global projects, incorporating regional and country-specific details.
- Proven expertise in leading and maintaining project team’s awareness of big picture objectives while also helping them navigate the details.
- Ability to develop options and broker decisions across diverse project and management teams; assess and mitigate project risks and respond with urgency to emerging issues.
- Clear, well-curated written and verbal communication, including polished executive presentations.
- Ability to brainstorm solutions and contribute new strategies and options for all projects.
- Ability to organize and document project activity and structure information in easily findable ways; adept at leading multiple projects or project tracks simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical skills to investigate business or systems problems to expose root causes and identify solution options.
- Ability to diagram business process flows and elicit business requirements, user stories, and use cases.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity to clarify objectives and execution plans; unafraid to forge a new path toward an objective that’s never been done before.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with time-critical launch dates (not typically subject to negotiation.).
- Highly organized and able to identify critical path issues, and logically resolve obstacles based on relative dependencies.
- Good work ethics and passion to go beyond what is expected.
- Understanding of manufacturing, planning or logistics business processes preferred.
As a BPR Program Manager, you will: Organize, plan, and manage projects using BPR’s best practices for consistently high-quality results. Host core team, leadership, and steering committee meetings, keeping core and management teams well informed about project developments in a dynamic environment. Lead geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams, including collaborations with third party partners. Balance project scope, schedule, and budget constraints with business needs and expectations. Identify and engage all resources needed to mobilize projects. Establish project roadmaps and schedules, keeping activities on track to major milestones. Work with core team to prioritize and assign project tasks to team members. Manage project risk throughout the life of the project. Identify, document, and drive resolution of project issues. Identify key decision points/options/recommendations for the project and broker decisions/agreements on direction with steering committee and other affected stakeholders, including third party partners. Elicit requirements/user stories/use cases from business experts. Run workshops for business-owned deliverables, and partner with technical teams to plan effective workshops for technical deliverables. Ensure system changes are fully tested and signed off by users before moving into production. Ensure business teams and partners are prepared for project-driven system and process changes, including training plans to transfer knowledge from project team to sustaining teams. Manage project approvals and supporting documentation. 2nd-level application functional support (manage escalated trouble tickets, diagnose issues and identify resolution options).
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, Information System, or equivalent.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.