Security Field Technical Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This position is offered in Apple's System QA department within Product Integrity organization. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Personal Efficiency: Leadership, Creative Thinking, Learning Agility, Flexible and shows initiative.
- Able to work as part of a virtual global/regional team with cultural, language, and time zone differences.
- Ability to work under stress, particularly when taking care of threats and at times of high demand.
- Team management experience desirable.
- Outstanding paperwork and documentation skills
- Good communication skills. Ability to translate complex ideas into simple solutions on paper.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and work independently with minimal direction/mentorship.
- Vendor management and negotiation skills.
- Project management, process management, problem-solving & presentation skills.
- Excellent time management & interpersonal skills i.e. able to prioritize several projects concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication and influencing skills.
Deploy network security devices at OEM sites inline with Apple Information Security (AIS) directives and standards. Provide operational support and to work with relevant OEM partners on monitoring and maintaining Apple security requirement. Lead Security Field Engineers for project execution and operation. Engagement with stakeholders within Apple and Apple’s suppliers and partners to facilitate the project implementation. Potential to lead and manage a team of skilled engineers. - Design, deploy, manage & support security appliances within various network environments with firewalls/IPS/IDS & Remote Access infrastructure in China/APAC region. - Build programmable scripts for automated network operation and monitoring - Detail technical proposals and plan for internal/external knowledge transfer to align with SOP. - Act as DRI to respond to issues/queries from in-region production line and provide instant feedback to remote teams including SRE/R&D/PM/HWTE. - Carry on duty-shift for network incidents and security issues in production. - Manage project deliverables by working directly with business/vendors to quickly identify their needs and provide an appropriate solution in line with global standards. - Represent Asia-Pacific efficient in any global/regional technical discussions or initiatives. - Provide formal and informal training, consulting and mentor for vendors and/or team members as needed. - Travel frequently within Greater China.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree or above in Computer Science or Information Security from a recognized university. - CCNP Sec certification required, CCIE Security preferred. - Preferred certification like CISSP, CCSP, etc. - Minimum of 8 years relevant working experience in a MNC or major national company.
- - Solid knowledge on computer network and common protocols, TCP/IP and OSI model, UDP, DNS, FTP, SSH, SSL/TLS, HTTP and various security technologies such as network and application firewalls, host intrusion prevention and anti-virus etc.
- - Programming proficiency, sufficient to write and execute scripts from the command line such as Python/Ruby/Go.
- - Experience on automation tools such as Ansible/Saltstack or Puppet
- - Experience in installing, configuring & troubleshooting network routers, switches, firewall/ VPN devices.
- - Understanding and knowledge on manufacturing network such as SFC/MES and security control in production line setup.
- - Hands-on experience with analysis of network traffic, packet sniffer and usage of Deep Packet Inspection tools.
- - Deep knowledge in operating system mechanism such as Darwin/Free BSD/CE, experience in Unix-like Sys and setup DNS, DHCP, Web, SMTP, VPN and other Internet Services.
- - Deep understanding of Content Delivery Networks and the integration applications.
- - Knowledge & experience in networking technologies such as IPv6,Ethernet, VPLS, MPLS, ISDN, IPSec, VLANs, HSRP, TCP/IP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, QoS, Multicast, ACLs, VPNs, IP Tel, VoIP, Structured Cabling etc.
- - Experience in using network management tools for performance, tuning, troubleshooting and capacity planning E.g. Cisco PRIME, Concord, MRTG, Cacti etc.