Data Center Engineer
北京, 北京, 中国内地
Software and Services
The GDCS engineer is responsible for rack/stack activities for server or network deployments inside data centers located within China. The function will include the management of DC related fixtures in the fulfillment of service level agreements in accordance with global standards established by the GDCS organization.
- Experience (3+ years) of increase responsibilities within a global, multi-cultural, multi-location organization.
- Relevant work experience with compute servers and storage from IBM pSeries and xSeries, Sun, HP, data domain, Netapp, Teradata.
- Expertise with data center operational tasks, including rack sizing, construction, equipment installation and decommissioning.
- Hands-on experience with various copper and fibre cable structures.
- Familiar with fire suppressant methodologies and data center fire safety.
- Familiar with DCIM (Data Centre Infrastructure Management) tools. Hands-on
- Operations exposure in the secure and monitor of equipment with enterprise level management tools.
- Core Competencies
- Must be capable of independent problem solving and self-motivated.
- Ability to organize and work effectively with other project teams and departments
- participating in DC related projects.
- Install and maintain equipment in accordance with established standards to meet
- SLA and project timelines.
- Candidate will be responsible for rack & stack activities to cover a variety of network and server components inside data centers. - Execute China projects in the deployment of data center services that will include cable infrastructure and RFID elements. - Manage DC infrastructure in accordance to corporate GDCS guidelines. This will include audits of DC operators in attaining defined SLAs, security inspections and the review of operational procedures undertaken by the operators. - Assist in the investigation of DC incidents to improve uptime and stability of the environment. - Proven track record in remote vendor management for infrastructure expansion, enforce compliance with technical specifications and quality standards. - Possess good knowledge in capacity planning in space, power and cooling elements. - Work experience in data center infrastructure management tools such as nlyte, iTracs, - Candidates will be rotated on operational standby duties to respond to service outage scenarios inside the data centers. - Provide operational reports to functional leaders within the GDCS organization. - Experience in the support of Mac OS X and iOS within a corporate environment - Candidate will play the role of tier 2 support for desktop related escalation from the Helpline.
Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or computing related disciplines Certification in data Center operations or data center related certification. e.g. CDOM, CDFOM, CDCE, CDCS preferred ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS - Fluency in the English language is required - Occasional in-region travel is required
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.