Senior Touch Hardware Design Integration Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Design, develop, and launch next-generation Touch Technologies in Apple products. The Touch Technology team develops cutting-edge Touch solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the Macbook, MBP, MBA, HomePod, AppleTV and more. The key goal of the Touch Technology team is to enable the world’s best multi-touch user-experience. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem-solving skills of hardworking and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- Strong electrical engineering background in analog and mixed-signal design, especially board-level circuits.
- Hands-on experience in system-level design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- Scripting (e.g. Python, MATLAB, LabView and JMP) to enable data collection and analysis is preferred.
- Proficiency in COMSOL, SPICE or similar simulation and modeling tools is a plus.
- Experience with Touch technology is a plus.
- Touch panel sensor design and integration from proof of concept to mass production. - Schematic design of boards and flexible assemblies. - Touch ASIC system-level bring-up and integration. - Touch subsystem modeling and prototyping. - Failure mode analysis, root cause diagnosis, and system-level problem solving. - Design analysis, characterization, and validation. - Support factory prototype builds - Touch technology scoping and proof-of-concept investigations. - Business travel to support product development. CROSS-FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: - Manage cross-function technical development of Touch solutions. - Engage and collaborate with multi-functional teams, including Mechanical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, and Process Engineering, to deliver state-of-the-art Touch solutions. - Author executive communications pertaining to key development checkpoints. - Contribute technical assessments to strategic decision-making relating to technology and investments.
Education & Experience
M.S. or PhD in Electrical Engineering with 4+ years of relevant experience.