System QA - Camera Firmware
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on wireless accuracy and performance? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity, and innovation. We are looking for an experienced and results-oriented camera fw test engineer to ensure that we deliver the best in-class camera solution in Apple products. You will be focused on testing the firmware/driver for core hardware components, also developing tools and processes for automating regression testing, and coordinating and pushing new releases. You must comfortable working in a dynamic environment and possess a strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Highly motivated and passionate about SW QA testing
- Minimum of 2 years of previous QA experience with testing embedded system products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong data analysis skills.
- Experience with hardware/software development lifecycle in embedded system
- Exposure to CI process and tools such as Jenkins
- Programming in Python, shell and MATLAB. Experience programming in C/C++ is a plus.
- Familiarity with Mac OS and iOS and Xcode is a plus
- BONUS: Deep understanding of the camera technologies, image signal processing (ISP) pipeline, 3A, video formats and color spaces. An interest in digital photography is a plus
- Make daily and patch releases - triage and debug build issues and work with developers and QA to ensure timely resolution. - Perform camera tests on firmware/driver releases. - Automate test cases and develop test tools on mobile platforms and Macs. You will use continuous integration environments/tools and CI standard methodologies to improve test coverage. - work with HW teams on HW testing, validation, and factory build support - work with Cupertino team on firmware development to support camera features - Implement standard methodologies for building, testing, and releasing software.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering