Hardware System Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals who like you to join our team. This is a System Engineering position that entails working with multi-functional groups to continually innovate the iPhone & iPad products. You will be based in the Shenzhen area and will have an active engagement with the Hardware, Module and Design & Validation teams in Apple.
- Hands-on experience in prototype work and functional verification specifically with electronics
- Hands-on and fluent with lab equipment: digital multi-meter, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, power supply, data logger...etc.
- Prior experience with superb coding/scripting skills (Python, Perl, Shell, Unix, etc)
- Strong documentation and interpersonal skills - strong technical writing
- Proven software background; preferably iOS
- Comfortable working in a quickly changing environment; Confirmed ability to work independently under high pressure and dynamic environment
- Evaluate overall system design by crafting and conducting evaluation tests; applying knowledge of engineering fundamentals - Support Hardware teams in designing the next-generation iPhones & iPad; build Failure Analysis reports - Lead the optimization of the test processes - Make recommendations for coverage improvements - Develop benchmarking matrix by crafting or modifying automation scripts for building and assembling performance graphs - Work towards closing potential test gaps and build improvements to the scripts - Position involves supporting hardware development activities abroad at manufacturing partner facilities
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or greater, plus min of 3 years of technical work experience
- - Prior working experience with prototype hardware and/or development boards is strongly desired
- - Developed automated test and measurement systems; Setup of environments optimized for test measurement
- - Software development and/or working knowledge of Software methodology