Data Analysis Scientist
Beijing, Beijing, China
Sales and Business Development
People here at Apple don't just build products; we craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspire the innovation that runs through everything we do, from extraordinary technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Channel Sales team in Greater China is responsible for the development and implementation of all indirect sales efforts for Apple’s full product offerings in China, HK, and Taiwan. To continue growing our GC business, we’re looking for senior sales and business analysts to join our team. Role requires the analysis of one or more key product lines across various route-to-markets (e.g., carrier, online, etc.) within the GC retail landscape. You will provide a voice that informs the enablement process and business partners to help our team improve program effectiveness and the experience for participants in Apple sales advocacy programs.
- Expert in the use of industry-standard data analysis and reporting tools including Tableau and Excel.
- High degree of organizational maturity, a talent for working reciprocally in a matrix- responsibility environment and excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to running day-to-day program administration, while being systems and process orientated.
- Excellent data analysis, management, and visualization skills. Able to identify trends and solutions.
- Informs decisions and makes recommendations grounded in data and analytics.
- Experienced in the sales, consulting or technology industries; channel sales exposure is helpful. Practical experience in sales program management, business performance analytics, business operations, or change management.
- A skill for building great design, excellent presentation, written and verbal communication, engagement and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to learn and understand of Sales Strategy and Sales Process, and a dedication to deliver an excellent user experience.
- Excellent project management skills; able to handle numerous projects at a time.
- A real passion for innovation and a willingness to constantly challenge the status quo.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience
- Professional proficiency in English & Mandarin Chinese
SALES PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS - You will define and review sales important metrics on a weekly, quarterly, and yearly basis - Analyze consumer demand trends, product lifecycles, and retail seasonality - Communicate and present key insights and opportunities to GC and WW partners MARKET ANALYSIS - Continuously build knowledge of the consumer electronics market, including but not limited to smartphones, tablets, PC, wearables, etc. - You can understand the current retail environment and purchasing trends both online and offline - Analysis of competitor brands and consumer behavior CHANNEL PLANNING & FORECAST - Evaluate ongoing business needs and effectiveness of existing retail programs - Support the development of new retail programs or sales initiatives - Analyze channel performance and highlight risks and opportunities - Design pilot programs and support implementation - Develop sales forecasts and strategies to provide our consumers with the best products and services - Work with sales operations and partners to create monthly dashboards for achievement engagement and events participation. - Perform data mining and data analysis to optimize program components. - If you are a dynamic professional who can define and measure key performance metrics with partners, while communicating insights and reporting results to them in a timely and visually impactful manner, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Education & Experience
MBA or equivalent Master’s Degree preferred. International experience a plus.