Regulatory Compliance Engineer
Beijing, Beijing, China
Apple is a company delivering the best products with amazing technology. At the same time, all the products must comply with regulation in region and worldwide. Join our Regulatory Compliance Team and drive innovation that matters! We’re looking for engineers with good technical understanding and experience with 5G/LTE/UMTS/GSM/CDMA/TD-SCDMA/WLAN/BT/GPS/NFC. We expect you to work with Apple’s innovative Engineering team on regulatory compliance. This team performs a meaningful role for the some of the new technology in very earlier phase. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are an inventive engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Strong RF background across multiple wireless technologies of 5G/LTE/WCDMA/TD-SCDMA/CDMA/GSM/WIFI/BT and a good understanding of 3GPP test standard.
- Be familiar with RF test, Protocol test, RRM test, SIM interface test and information security test
- Experience on using and programming RF test equipment.
- Abilities to work in multi-functional teams across multiple time zones.
- Strong problem identification and issue resolution abilities and Able to investigate and debug complex issue investigations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in Mandarin and English
- Be responsible to provide regulatory requirement for new technologies, you also need to drive the regulation or standards change to fit new products' design. - Work on regulatory certification on Apple’s all wireless products. - Be responsible for evaluating NFC/ApplePay/RF/OTA/EMC/RSE performance on Apple’s products. - Contribute to interpret wireless standards and wireless regulation and take part in the conference for new wireless standards and regulatory implementation. - Work on evaluating the products including very early investigation of prototypes and HW Systems on different wireless technologies. - Work with the HW/SW/System development teams and other cross function teams on identifying issues impacting system performance and will perform deep dive analysis to understand and identify root cause of any HW and SW System issues. - Working closely with multi-functional team to ensure certification accomplishment successfully on time.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor or above degree in Electrical or communication Engineering and Master degree is preferred.