Computer Vision/Machine Learning Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Be a part of the Optical Engineering/ Machine Vision team! We build customized solu- tions for the metrology and characterization of display, camera and touch technology for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and future products. In this role, you will design and develop com- puter vision (CV) and machine learning (ML) based solutions, for automatic optical in- spection and calibration of displays and cameras in large volume manufacturing. Be one of the first people in the world to witness new Apple products being crafted for the first time!
- 3+ years of related professional experience;
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience on image processing and computer vision, including spatial/frequency domain analysis, geometric transform, feature detection, registration, segmentation, object detection and classification, etc;
- Experience of supervised and unsupervised machine learning, such as SVM, CNN, GAN, for image segmentation/classification;
- Proficient in one or more of the following: C++/Python/Matlab/OpenCV/CUDA;
- Proficient in at least one machine learning framework: Keras/ Pytorch/TensorFlow, etc;
- A positive outlook towards stepping into uncharted technology space and working hard to deliver solutions in a timely fashion;
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; clear communication with diverse teams.
You will be directly responsible for developing automatic optical inspection and calibration of Apple products, with a team of talented engineers and scientists. ▪︎ Design, develop and optimize CV and ML based solution, for automatic optical inspection and calibration; ▪︎ Collaborate closely with optical instrumentation scientists, software engineers and system design engineers, to develop and deploy mass-production friendly metrology solutions for Apple products; ▪︎ Work with cross-functionally teams to define metrology coverage and calibration specifications. Develop and validate corresponding CV/ML algorithm during new product introduction (NPI) cycle; ▪︎ Study and improve metrology algorithm vs visual inspection correlation.; ▪︎ Analyze large amounts of NPI data to qualify/upgrade algorithm design; ▪︎ Review algorithms from cross functional teams and third parties.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in CS/EE/Imaging Science