Sensor Calibration Instruments Deployment Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Apple designs consumer electronics that have touched millions and changed the way people interact with electronic devices around the world. The Sensor Calibration & Instrumentation Group is looking for an engineer directly responsible for deployment and debug of systems which carry out calibration and performance validation of the various motion and optical sensors within Apple’s products. This engineer works closely with the Sensor Design group to ensure the success of current and future Apple products.
- Our systems have to perform at a high level of accuracy in non-ideal factory NPI conditions. You should be someone that is excited about:
- Debugging hardware and software problems that we face in a factory environment;
- Writing code for newly requested features and reviewing teammates code;
- Working with sensor equipment vendors to design the equipment for calibrating and verifying the performance of Apple products;
- Analyzing calibration data from many units to pinpoint problems and improve test systems;
- Multitasking on multiple projects that have tight schedules;
- Estimated Travel;
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel.
Development, debugging and deployment of motion and optical sensor fixtures. These fixtures calibrate and verify performance for use during Apple new product introduction (NPI). Responsibilities include: Develop, optimize and debug software in C/C++/Objective-C Deploy calibration and performance verification stations throughout the NPI cycle Debug hardware and mechanical issues and perform gauge repeatability and reproducibility studies across multiple fixtures Generate reports that analyze large amounts of NPI sensor performance data Debug devices from the system level down to the component level Closely work with vendors involved in NPI Required Experience & Skills 3+ years of professional experience Ability to quickly learn software and instruments with little guidance Experience programming in one or more of the following: C/C++/Objective-C Experience in one or more source control systems like Perforce/SVN/Git Able to read schematics and use electrical tools such as oscilloscopes and multimeter to debug electrical circuits Knowledge of embedded systems, sensor functionality and interaction Preferred Experience & Skills 5+ years of professional experience Experience designing simple electrical circuitry Experience with automation Experience with plotting and processing data in Matlab/Perl/Ruby/Python Experience data mining large data sets in Matlab/Perl/Ruby/Python Experience with digital serial communication protocols (USB, UART, I2C, SPI) Knowledge of motion or optical sensors High volume consumer electronics manufacturing experience Mac OS X experience Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education & Experience
BS in CE/EE/ME. MS preferred.