Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here at Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 3-5 years experience in thermal design of consumer electronics with a strong background in thermal systems/components and their manufacturing processes.
- Experience with thermal testing and test equipment (DAQ, Wind tunnel, IR Camera, Power Supplies, RF, CMU, etc.).
- Excellent written and oral cross-communication skills between design, OEM and third party vendor teams.
- Frequent travel is required.
- Some basic coding skill (C++, perl, python, etc.) is a plus.
- Participation in thermal analysis using a CFD tool is a plus.
Apple Thermal Design group has an opening for an experienced Thermal Engineer in Asia. Responsibilities and activities for this position include the following: - Serve as Apple’s in-region thermal expert by leveraging a detailed understanding of the system-level and module-level thermal design and validation requirements. - Collaborate with U.S.-based Senior Thermal Engineers on technology evaluation, design investigation and process development for new products. - Guide and execute thermal testing at OEM and suppliers factories; Complete data reduction/analysis and prepare test reports. - Establish and manage relationships with thermal suppliers to identify emerging technologies and collaborate with them on the development of new technologies to meet Apple’s product roadmap needs. - Take the leading role in suggesting or embracing ideas for improving efficiency and quality of thermal components. - Provide in-region expertise for root cause and corrective action of system thermal failures and defective thermal parts/materials. - Train engineers at OEM and vendor factories to produce high quality products using well-defined specifications, advanced production processes and update-to-date validation tools and codes.
Education & Experience
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related field.