Hardware Design Engineer, Wireless
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. The In-region BBHW Design Engineer will work on the next generation iPhone and other innovative products. They will join Baseband and RF Design team, acting as the team’s local representation at manufacturing sites in China.
- Strong EE fundamental knowledge;
- Experience in Hardware development involving mobile and/or embedded processors;
- Experience with memory systems, power supply / power/clock management,low / high speed digital interfaces;
- Hands-on experience using test equipment, such as wireless communications emulators, oscilloscopes, or multi-meters;
- Proficient in Test and debug of digital and analog circuitry;
- Experience working with manufacturing;
- Scripting experience is a plus;
- Must be an excellent communicator with demonstrated ability to work in global virtual teams;
- Should be well organized and have the ability to be flexible in a changing work environment;
- Language skills: Very good English skills required, Chinese (Mandarin) an advantage.
The role involves working with manufacturing teams and RD colleagues to build, validate and optimize baseband hardware circuits and systems for wireless communications devices from first prototype build to mass production, requiring proactive cross-functional cooperation with other engineering groups such as other EE teams, FW, AP, RF, production test etc. Help to implement validation plans for digital interfaces such as SIM, I2C, USB, PCIe, SPI, RFFE etc. Debug and troubleshoot baseband hardware and interfaces. Make our excellent products even better! A significant part of the job activities will take place at the manufacturing sites - international and domestic travel is likely.
Education & Experience
BSEE with 5+ years of relevant industry experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.