Noise & Vibration Engineer
Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
At Apple, new ideas have a way of quickly becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Sound is an essential and compelling facet of the customer experience so Apple has assembled a world-class Acoustics team that enables our customers to experience music with delight, communicate with clarity, and appreciate our products without disturbance from noise. In Apple Acoustics we work with obsessive attention to detail, directly contributing to products that ship to millions of people around the world. Our Noise & Vibration team contributes to hardware design, validation, and troubleshooting to minimize distracting audible noises and optimize their sound quality. We are a diverse team of acoustics and vibration experts, accomplished listeners, and creative problem solvers. We work daily with multifunctional teams on innovative solutions to complex engineering challenges. We are looking for a Noise & Vibration Engineer to join our team preferably in the Shanghai/Suzhou or Shenzhen regions!
- The ideal candidate will have a solid theoretical and experimental background in acoustics and/or vibration. Other qualifications include:
- 5+ years directly relevant experience
- Able to fluently communicate complex technical concepts in English and Mandarin
- Solid testing and data analysis skills
- Experience with vibration and acoustic testing equipment and analysis methods (accelerometers, microphones, chambers, etc)
- Knowledge and experience in loudspeaker highly desired Experience with vibration modal testing and analysis a plus
- Comfortable with Matlab, or Python or other computer scripting languages and ability to learn new scripting skills
- Accomplished listener with excellent hearing over the audible frequency range.
- Ability to effectively contribute in fast-paced, constantly changing, multitasking environment
- Flexibility in problem solving approaches
As part of Apple’s Noise & Vibration group, the Noise & Vibration Engineer will be based preferably in the Shanghai/Suzhou or Shenzhen areas. Other locations will also be considered if the candidate’s qualifications match the job requirement well. The engineer will have a wide range of responsibilities including: - Developing and setting up module vibration and acoustic testers - Implementing test methodologies and writing test plans and standard operating procedures for acoustic testing in factory environments - Analyzing data using noise level, noise spectrum, and sound quality metrics Troubleshooting design issues that result in unwanted acoustic noise - Create and implement innovative noise, vibration and dynamics force test solutions with cross-functional teams - Communicating with design teams, and supervising module vendor teams in testing and design implementation - Frequent domestic travel in China and several times of travel to US per year•
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD, preferably in Acoustics, Vibration or equivalent field. If you have followed a different path to expertise in acoustics, vibration, noise control, or sound quality, we want to hear from you too.