RF Systems Engineering Manager - Instrument Engineering
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Join our Wireless team and drive innovation that matters! We’re looking for an R&D engineering manager experienced in RF, communication, software or signal processing to join the growing Instrument Engineering team at Apple. This is a hands-on role including both people management and technical leadership. This small team of extraordinary engineers designs and produces precision RF and Analog Test Equipment for use in calibrating and testing cellular, 5G, WiFi, BT, mmWave, UWB and NFC radios in millions of iPhones, iPads, Macs and Watches. All members of the team bring their own outstanding expertise to collectively take internal Apple products from concept to mass production. Each internal product is designed to Apple's exacting standards resulting in breathtaking test equipment that maintains the quality, accuracy and function of commercially available offerings.
- Excellent understanding of RF fundamentals, DSP and communications theory
- Experience with writing efficient and scalable software in at least one of these languages: Python, C, C++ or Matlab
- Recent experience using RF test equipment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with native fluency in Mandarin-Chinese and proficiency in English
- International travel up to 10% is required
You will lead and manage a team of R&D engineers that create and support in-house designed RF test equipment. Mentor junior and senior engineers, work with cross-functional international teams and communicate with contract manufacturing vendors. Contribute towards automation software development used to control and characterize RF test equipment. Debug issues using your knowledge of RF measurement, signal processing, hardware and software and present findings to cross-functional teams.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree is needed, and we highly value Master’s or above. Relevant fields include Electrical Engineering, Maths and Physics.
- PREFERRED SKILLS
- - 4+ years of proven R&D engineering experience
- - Recent experience as engineering manager or technical leader
- - Recent experience with a wireless technology such as 5G, 4G, WiFi, UWB, Bluetooth or NFC