Display Validation Tech Lead
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The Display Hardware Technology group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of display hardware for Apple products. The Display EE team develops display module, and other silicon solutions and technologies for Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the team is to enable the world’s best display experience for our customers. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp analytical skills of dedicated and inquisitive individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. We are looking for an outstanding Display Validation Tech Lead to join the team. This engineer will have a critical impact on display system design, and on the quality of one of the most clear features of our products.
- - Proven track record of leading engineering team
- - Strong communication skills with experience authoring formal specification documents, and the ability to communicate cross-functionally to module, EE, optics, and test teams.
- - Strong programming skills, such as C/C++, Python, MATLAB, and other scripting languages.
- - Familiarity with optical and electrical characterization tools, including but not limited to logic analyzers, oscilloscope, color meter and lab automation.
- - Ability to travel internationally.
- Recruit and lead local engineering team to support growing project needs - Collaborate with internal display hardware and software engineers to understand requirements and opportunities for future feature development. - Develop methodologies for internally and externally validating system requirements including emulation of current and future display system use cases; data collection to generate system configurations. Improve lab characterization and/or factory calibration flow and reduce test time - Evaluate panel as part of both module and system to understand sensitivities, design tradeoffs, and to ensure successful integration of the display module into products - Work well with display module and silicon vendors to understand how they are meeting requirements, and validate their implementations. - Travel to vendor and headquarter as required for implementation reviews.
Education & Experience
- MS Degree in Engineering, Physics or related areas. PhD preferred. - Minimum 5 years in relevant industry, with leadership experiences