SWE - Cellular Performance Engineer, Wireless Technologies
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems organization and drive innovation that matters! As part of the Wireless team you we will be working on building solutions for Wireless technologies. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Wireless Performance Team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Extensive hands on experience in system engineering/System Performance analysis role
- Validated experience in wireless communication protocols and systems. Deep understanding of wireless standards: (including but not limited to 3GPP 5G-NR/5GC, LTE, IEEE 802.11ax, 802.11ad, IP, TCP/UDP) and their application to end to end product performance
- Shown experience with 4G/5G network emulators and major infra vendor equipment
- Experienced with scripting and developing performance automation tools and software is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a highly multi-functional setting across SW, HW, RF, Carrier/Partner engineering and Product Design teams
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and out-of-the box thinking and to propose technology and product improvements in a data driven way
- Demonstrable and proven wireless system performance, design or architecture experience
You will engage with lab characterization as well as field log analysis. Phenomenal opportunity to interact with multiple engineering-groups, vendors and suppliers. Develop expertise in wireless communication system/software/hardware/RF requirements and define the power/performance KPI for the product. Also, will act as a liaison between technology and product engineering teams as a gatekeeper of end user facing quality. Opportunity to bring in fresh ideas to evangelize the 4G/5G technology across Apple's new product introductions, services and ecosystem initiatives, and work towards design wins in a data driven way from prototyping to commercialization.
Education & Experience
Master/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communications or equivalent majors.
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)