Sr. Art Director, Editorial Design
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple App Store is the world’s largest and most innovative software store, with nearly 500 million weekly visitors. Redesigned to make discovering apps and games easier than ever before, the App Store will now be offering compelling stories, in-depth interviews, helpful tips and collections of must-have apps and games to showcase Apple’s unique perspective and to help and inspire customers every day. Apple Media is looking for a world-class Art Director for their App Store Editorial Design team. This is a role for the visual designer, communicator and problem solver who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can deliver end-to-end design across media types, screens, formats and technologies; and who can collaborate well with others. This is a creative leadership position dedicated to shaping story lines while maintaining a deep understanding of digital curation.
- Experience creating and leading the output of editorial design product (e.g., Magazines, Digital Content, Journalism, etc.)
- Passion for a wide variety of editorial, digital and magazine design
- Fluency across graphic design, typography, photography and illustration
- Conceptual thinker who is strategically-centered
- Demonstrates command of visual and communication design principles
- Authors, shares and merchandises ideas in a cogent and inspiring manner
- Delivers highly-resolved works at the intersection of culture and design
- Clear and concise communication, organization skills and ability to work across time zones
- Demonstrated mastery of Adobe Creative and iWork suites
- Ability to prototype visual design work in situation
- Strong photographic sensibility; sourcing, art-buying, editing, re-touching or capturing
- Fluency in any of the above: motion, animation, sound design, mixing or editing
- A keen ability to create work under minimal supervision, as well as package and present solutions to the wider creative team. Quickly and beautifully.
We are looking for talent, - Is a fountain of ideas and creative thinking who can think and implement quickly, laterally, independently or collaboratively - Experienced in developing and executing an editorial design strategy and has an advanced understanding of what makes content engaging and successful across platforms and audiences - Demonstrates strong user experience sensibilities with an uncanny level of curiosity; keeps up with the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies and resources - Collaborates with Creatives, Project Managers, Business Owners and Executives to solve complex problems with simple solutions - Has experience developing prototypes for a variety of platforms and use cases; can rapidly prototype their ideas across a myriad of Apple devices, experiences and scenarios - Has a passion for nurturing relationships, managing and mentoring creatives, and can use that rapport to align teams around a vision - Has a keen understanding of local market creative and cultural nuances - An ability to work on a global teams, across time zones, date lines and traditional routine
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Web, Graphic, Information, Communication design or equivalent
- - Portfolio demonstrating proficiency in delivering strategic ideas across digital, social or static form factors.
- - 7+ years relevant design or creative leadership experience required; bonus for tours in publishing, magazines, or content creation/delivery
- - Clear and concise communication and organization skills
- - Has passion about the Apple brand and relentless in preserving its authenticity
- - Fluency in Chinese Mandarin and proficiency with English