Instrumentation Design Engineer - Health Sensors
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The Health Sensors Instrumentation Group is looking for engineers who will design instrumentation systems for our products. If you're the right person for this position, you'll have a deep understanding of low-voltage circuits, and you will work closely with the validation and design groups in the new product introduction (NPI) phase to ensure the success of current and future Apple products.
- Experience in consumer electronics design & manufacture
- Experience with or demonstrated interest in measurement systems
- Knowledge of EE fundamentals, circuit analysis, & circuit debug
- Experience with statistical analysis tools such as JMP or R
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to travel internationally, not exceeding 25% overall.
Specification, development and deployment of calibration and performance verification systems for use during Apple new product introduction process and mass production. Your specific responsibilities will be tuned to match your technical background, but responsibilities may include: - Specifying and crafting a custom instrumentation system for use on one of Apple’s products. - Working with our mechanical team to specify and validate the required mechanical fixturing & automation systems for calibrating and measuring devices/components - Driving system bring-up and qualification at vendors and contract manufacturers during NPI builds (usually in China) - Analyzing system data to drive the next level of performance in both the instrumentation and the product - Performing failure mode root cause analysis and resolution, including debug tracking from system to component level
Education & Experience
BS/MS in EE/CE/CS/Physics
- - Software programming skills in MATLAB, Objective-C, C, or Python is a plus.
- - Experience working with Apple products & OS X is a plus.