China Logistics Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
This China Logistics Manager role will be based in Shanghai and is rotatable depending on strategic business requirement. This position requires exceptional flexibility and adaptability in dealing with internal & external customers and the ability to provide strategic responses and effective solutions to external influences including China Customs, Governmental & Operational statutory requirements (CIQ, CCC, CSTCG, MSDS, DG etc), FG outbound and Material inbound management in support of OEM production, Holiday work schedule, Supplier’s management, Quarter end and Spring-back support etc. These are just a few of the key attributes needed for success in this dynamic and challenging logistics environment. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, and must have the ability to work independently and handle multiple projects as needed. He/She must have good analytical and problem solving skills and must be able to communicate clearly in both English and Mandarin. He/She must be able to work on his/her own initiative, and ideally having experience working within a logistics & supply-chain environment.
- Minimum of 5 years proven logistics experience and with sound knowledge of customs regulations, international air & ocean inbound and outbound freight. Preference would include a wider knowledge on the different types of freight management i.e. bulk, parcel, domestic transportation and DC/Hub operation is a plus.
- Must have a strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with the team.
- Ability to generate creative ideas and has excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Well verse with supply-chain and have good logistics networking relationship with key and reputable contributors in the freight industry.
- Energetic, positive attitude and the ability to accept and manage change in a fast-paced logistics environment
- Team player with a keen-to-learn attitude, proactive, innovative and with good leadership quality.
- Capable of working individually or as part of a multi-task functional team to cut through ambiguity to decide and act without having the total picture and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
• Develop project / execution plan to support volume surge and NPI launches and ensuring suppliers compliance to Apple HSR/FSR • Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess supplier’s key performance indices and implement operational improvements across the supply-chain. • Drive for operational excellence across the supply-chain in achieving on-time shipment execution at origin and maintaining product confidentiality, (zero loss, zero disclosure) for all NPI shipments. • Engage and provide sound guidance and support on new suppliers on-boarding (OEMs & freight forwarders) • Work with freight forwarders on cost savings and carbon footprint reduction initiatives through process and packaging improvements. • Periodically conduct impromptu freight forwarder’s warehouse security audits in the drive to ensure compliance to Apple’s HSR & FSR requirements. • Work closely with all Suppliers (OEMs and freight forwarders) to ensure Apple’s TDM & specific Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) are met. • Conduct monthly meetings with OEMs and freight forwarders in driving for continuous operational and process improvements. • Develop and optimize logistics networking in achieving the shortest delivery cycle-time time for inbound material movements. • Interface closely with the Worldwide / Regional Logistics team on daily operations and update them on any logistics risk, challenges & developments within China. • Able to travel as required on short notices to international or domestic cities to support China Logistics overall requirements.
Education & Experience
Qualified candidates should posses a BA degree or a minimum of 5 - 7 years of logistics /supply-chain experience holding similar or higher position.