App Store Localization Producer
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, Hong Kong
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We're growing and encourage you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. As an App Store producer based in Hong Kong, you will handle localization projects, coordinate with vendor resources, assist with various aspect of localization process including translation, creative writing, transcreation, copy editing and QA, and communication with cross-function team to ensure deliverables are of our quality standard.
- Experience with localization workflow, vendor training and resource planning.
- Native speaker with linguistic expertise in Traditional Chinese for Hong Kong, with experience in copywriting.
- Excellent command of English, especially reading/writing. Also understand how to adapt to different voice and tones according to content type.
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- A desire to work in a demanding and dynamic environment, ability to prioritize tasks and urgent issues, and can work calmly under pressure.
- Comfort and competence working on the Mac platform, using iOS and familiarity with Apple UI terminology necessary.
- A passion for mobile apps and games.
- Tech-savvy and possess the ability to learn new tools quickly.
The App Store makes it simple for users around the world to discover, download and enjoy apps. Our localization team interacts with international business, editorial, marketing, design, programming, tools and engineering teams to provide the highest quality localized experience for our users across all of our platforms. The role is responsible for producing and leading localization projects for App Store in Hong Kong. It’s essentially this talent has linguistic expertise in Traditional Chinese for Hong Kong, paired with writing and editing skills to ensure copy deliverables hit our high quality bar. The candidate also will work closely with our English writers as Hong Kong is a bilingual market, and would need to be able to check if the English contents produced for Hong Kong suits Apple style and tone. Additionally, this role will need to collaborate closely with a wide range of worldwide teams to ensure that projects are completed under the required deadlines and at the highest quality standard. The candidate will also need to approve and sign-off various types of copy for Hong Kong, from longer-form articles to marketing taglines.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent with experience in project management or localization.
- Travel: The role will require some travel, both domestic and international.