Hong Kong Carrier Technical Lead
香港, 香港地區, 香港
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join our Wireless Software Engineering team and drive innovation that matters! We create and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. If you're passionate about cellular and wireless technology, we may have the job for you. The Carrier Technical Lead (CTL) is charged with taking Apple products through technical approvals with wireless carriers. CTLs are responsible for all day-to-day technical interactions with their carriers.
- Minimum of 8 years prior experience working on phones or similar products that operate on cellular networks
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience working with one or more carriers to deliver products that operate on their network, including supporting lab/field testing
- Solid understanding of wireless technologies: GSM, UMTS, TDS-CDMA, LTE-FDD, LTE-TDD, and 5G
- Solid understanding of IP technologies: VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling
- Familiarity with network features and current deployments across Hong Kong carrier networks
- Knowledge of carrier device certification processes
- Knowledge of Hong Kong device certification requirements and processes
- Outstanding verbal and written command of the English language. Verbal and written command of Mandarin Chinese and/or Cantonese is a plus.
- Strong issue tracking/management abilities
- Fluent in software engineering processes with considerable software release experience
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
- Willingness to travel, as necessary
Carrier Technical Lead(CTL) is responsible for introductions and trials of new wireless technologies and network-impacting features in Apple products. CTLs analyze network features and operator requirements and provide feedback to cross functional engineering teams. CTLs lead the investigation of carrier reported issues and partner closely with carrier personnel and our wireless development teams to debug and resolve issues. In addition, CTLs assist carriers with testing and work with them on the verification of fixes in new iOS software builds, prototype hardware or network changes. CTLs act as the first line of defence for carrier technical requests to reduce overhead on wireless development teams.
BS or MS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Strong technical knowledge of industry standards. Intimate knowledge of standard development organizations and industry forums. Layer 1 measurement and analysis. Familiarity with Wi-Fi/BT communications systems.