Global Supply Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We provide equal opportunities.We have built new opportunities for individuals to work on the most exciting new products introduced by Apple. We are seeking for individual with strong knowledge/skills. This position will reside in one of the manufacture site and works closely with the various engineering to support the needs for operational team. The Regional Supply manager (APO GSM) plays a critical role in the overall success of the Apple fulfillment model. Acting as a key interface between Global Procurement Managers, Worldwide Materials, Engineering, Strategic Suppliers and Contract Manufactures.
- Lead to Regional Supply/Operation management and new product introduction to commodities, such as power, PCB, display, etc.
- Management of supply plan and material readiness on mass production
- Work in conjunction with U.S counter part (GSM) to effectively and efficiently manage suppliers
- Leading on NPI material availability during development stage.
- Drive new product dynamic and challenge ramp up plan
- Develop and disseminate weekly supplier forecasts
- Collect and analyze supplier forecast contributes in support of the weekly clear to build process
- Monitor and lead CM’s weekly forecast to suppliers, ensuring information is exchanged and written confirmation accepted in agreed upon timeframes
- Drive shortage resolution actions, advancing to Procurement managers as required
- Actively manage daily contract manufacture/supplier site allocations
- Aggressively manage commodity excess and obsolesce in conjunction with product life cycle
- Participate in quarterly supplier performance scorecard evaluations
- Participate/Support price negotiations
Strong supply chain/logistic risk analytical skills Procurement skill, with ethics above reproach Able to travel frequently in China or Asia region in short notice Demonstrated ability to lead and solve problems cross functionally Strong influential skills Have ability to work in a matrix organization Effective written and spoken communication skills in English Ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic global environment Familiar with Microsoft Excel capabilities
Education & Experience
Have a BS/BA degree and minimum of 8 years of supply chain or commodity management experience; MBA is a plus Mechanical/Electrical sourcing background is helpful You will have outstanding analytical capabilities; Professional Project Management experience is a plus Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills Ability to work cross functionally in a dynamic environment; Strong communication and coordination skill with cross functional team Broad operations/supply chain management experience in IT industry Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility