Sensor Test Development Engineer
Taipei, Taiwan, Taiwan
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We believe this is an excellent opportunity to work on the New Technology project in the exemplary company consistently bringing innovations in the industry. The Module Sensing Test Engineering group is responsible for research, design, develop and qualify the test solution/infrastructure for various sensing modules for Apple products. This team is seeking for an extraordinary Sensor Test Development Engineer.
- 3+ years relevance experience in test hardware development/deployment.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical, Optics and/or MEMS.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills for various engineering challenges (HW/SW).
- Self-motivated and passionate in delivering best in class test solutions.
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Statistical data analysis capability.
- Experience and background in one or more of the below area preferred:
- 2D/3D CAD fixture design and tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Optical measurement system, light sources and optical system simulation.
- Prototype/Bench test setup.
- C/C++ programming and/or board level firmware development.
- MEMS sensor testing system.
- Electrical and mechanical noise isolation.
- Self-motivated and willing to take challenges to new technology
- Good personality with creative, aggressive, hands-on working style.
You will collaborate with cross-functional teams and vendors for HW/SW design/development, prototyping, qualification and deployment of test infrastructure for high volume manufacturing. You will be a key member of an internal team defining and implementing test strategy and test coverage to ensure the best system performance. You will provide onsite support during initial fixture bring-up, troubleshooting and issue resolutions. Authoring fixture design, testing, qualification and buy-off requirements document and ensure fixture are in compliance to all requirements for deployment. Transfer test infrastructure ownership to operation team during ramp up phase and serve as a consultant during mass production phase. Provide regular update on project status, issues/resolutions and help needed to project team. Deliver executive level presentation.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Frequent travel to both Apple and suppliers' facilities will be required for production bring up.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.