Supplier Quality Engineer - Optical Lens
Taipei, Taiwan, Taiwan
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- This vendor-based Supplier Quality Engineer is the quality lead to drive quality and technical issues during ramp up, and through out product lifetime.
- Micro Optical lens to be used in Phone, Pad and Mac.
- Strong technical skills, involving problem solving and root cause analysis in a pressured environment.
- Must have hands-on direct experience with the manufacture of optical lens and sub-components.
- Experience working with international OEM partners are preferred.
- EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- High volume manufacture of precision lens components. Molding, Coating, Assembly and Test of Optical Lens Components.
- Suppliers procedures including FMEA, Process Flow, Control plans and yield Pareto chart.
- Familiar with 8D to troubleshoot internal and supplier based optical engineering issues in timely manner. Clearly understood FACA procedure.
- Strong Management skills with experience of Asia based vendors.
- Lead suppliers by providing technical direction to fix quality issue during MP.
- Familiar with Optical lens tester, i.e. TriOptics Pro5/9, IMHR.
- Conduct tester GR&R and correlation in supply chain.
- Maintain quality and manage volume throughout the ramp up and sustaining phase, Drive any issues to closure whilst maintaining clear communications to all stakeholders.
- Establish Quality programs and Manufacturing Process Control Plans for early detection of issues and to ensure highest level of Quality and Reliability is consistently delivered.
- Minimum eight years in Optical manufacturing and quality management of high precision components for camera lens or other optical devices.
- Additional Requirement
- Must be high energy, multi-tasker, resourceful problem solver, ability to work under pressure and take initiative.
- Experience of optical related testing.
- Basic understanding of Optical Lens Design with ZEMAX, CodeV.
- The work is primarily based at Asia vendor sites, extensive overseas travel required.
Seeking an experienced professional who brings expertise in the Optical manufacturing and quality management of high precision components for camera lens or other optical devices. The successful engineer / manager in this role will be able to work closely with suppliers and engineers so as to deliver scalable manufacturing processes in a timely manner. Responsibilities • Resolve quality issues in optical lens vendor related to process, test, and customer failures. • Monitor and report yield, manufacturing metrics (Cpk, FMEA, etc.). Root cause analysis of yield loss and deliver improvement plans. • Ensure optical manufacturing vendors are conforming to Apple ERS specs, reliability and quality requirements. • Familiar with 8D reports and need to handle process change notification system. • Drive MTF/Dimension/Reliability/Cosmetic etc correlation for vendor internal machines and correlation between different layer vendors. • Drive FACA for optical component related returns from customers. Track, report and close out issues in a timely manner. • Review and approve lens vendor manufacturing Quality Control Plans ( tests, methods, sample sizes, pass /fail criteria ). Ensure cosmetic standards are aligned with Sub-component supplier and module integrator. • Audit and approve optical manufacturing vendors or sub component vendors for mass production readiness. • Routine status reporting to executives and issue escalation when needed.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Optical/Engineering