Technical Program Manager - Optical Lens
Taipei, Taiwan, Taiwan
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Key qualifications
- Excellent technical and management skills centered on enabling cutting edge Optical technologies in high volume and high quality.
- Strong technical skills, involving problem solving and issue root cause in a pressured environment.
- We want you be a self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
- Experience working with international OEM partners.
- You have hands on direct experience within the manufacture of Optical lens.
- Experience required
- You have high volume manufacture of precision lens components. Molding, Coating, Assembly and Test of Optical Lens Components.
- Suppliers procedures including FMEA, Process Flow, Control plans and yield Pareto chart.
- Familiar with 8D to troubleshoot internal and supplier based optical engineering issues in timely manner. Clearly understood FACA procedure.
- Lead cross-functional activities in the supply chain for overall operational readiness in all NPI phases leading into Mass Production.
- Strong Management skills with experience of Asia based Lens vendors.
- Lead suppliers by providing technical direction to establish and validate (utilizing statistical tools) process capability to Apple standards in meeting innovative product designs as well as test and quality requirements.
- Utilize DOE’s and other Industry standard tools to proactively identify and address risks and optimize process parameters.
- Familiar with Optical lens tester, i.e. TriOptics Pro5/9, IMHR.
- Conduct tester GR&R and correlation in supply chain.
- Maintain quality and manage volume throughout the ramp up and sustaining phase, Drive any issues to closure whilst maintaining clear communications to all stakeholders.
- Establish Quality programs and Manufacturing Process Control Plans for early detection of issues and to ensure highest level of Quality and Reliability is consistently delivered.
- Act as Operations technical lead in communicating project readiness and identifying risks.
Take responsibility for the camera lens in the development and support of camera modules to be incorporated into Laptops, desktops, handhelds and standalone peripherals. Drive the technical, operational and quality issues related to Optical Lens molding, assembly, test, yield, processes and customer failures to ensure effective closure of all issues to enable operational success of the entire product introduction cycle and through mass production. Seeking an experienced professional who brings expertise in the manufacturing, assembly and quality management of high precision lens components for mobile devices. The successful engineer / manager in this role will be able to work closely with suppliers and cross functional engineers so as to deliver scalable manufacturing processes in a timely manner.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/Ph.D. in Engineering
- Additional Requirement
- Must be high energy, multi-tasker, resourceful problem solver, ability to work under pressure and take initiative.
- Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
- Experience of auditing Lens suppliers and closing issues before ramp. Buy off optical tooling including, MTF and CPK data. MBO the Optics related equipment.
- Basic understanding of optical Lens Design with ZEMAX, CodeV tools.
- Travel is approximate to 50%.