Display Exploration Engineer
Longtan, Taiwan, Taiwan
Join a unique display incubation team within Apple. Think you know what the displays of the future will be? Help Apple build them! At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We believe this is an excellent opportunity to work on the New Technology project in the outstanding company consistently bringing innovations in the industry. Do something different! Apple is looking for a creative and hard-working senior engineer / technical lead to help define and deliver new display technologies for Apple’s next gen products. A successful candidate will not only need to demonstrate extraordinary technical skills, but also excellent communication and leadership skills to collaborate with various Apple internal multi-functional teams and external suppliers. In this role, you will define key module features and requirements for Apple’s next generation products. The position allows you to work on a wide range of topics including prototyping, numerical modeling/algorithm development, hands-on characterization, concept demo to executives.
- Proven track record in the design, fabrication, and characterization of optoelectronic devices.
- Expertise in the optical system and optoelectronic devices preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in displays technology strongly preferred, particularly in display optics and electronics.
- Optical modeling/computation experiences is preferred.
- Hands-on experience/capability to build electronic and optical system.
- Excellent project management an interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative and creative mindset to take up challenges
- Self-motivated, independent, proactive, and willingness to quickly learn and apply newly acquired knowledge on the job
- Experience implementing requirements and designs with a high-level of attention to detail
- Explore and propose creative display technologies for future Apple products. - Manage display suppliers as primary technical contact. - Build proof of concept prototype and support display validation activities. - Establish optical/electrical test setup to characterize key components and display panel.
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. in Optics/Photonics, EECS, Physics or equivalent with 3+ years of experience in related field
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus:
- - Optical Design, Zemax, LightTools, CodeV
- - Display architecture
- - Display and Optics Measurement
- - Photonic Crystal, Micro Optics, Meta-structure
- - Novel LC technologies