SoC Characterization Product Engineer
Longtan, Taiwan, Taiwan
Do you love crafting sophisticated solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that operates Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. We promote innovation and new technology. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product! We are seeking a multifaceted engineer to develop system level test programs for debug, characterization, qualification, and production of SoC devices.
- The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of product engineering experience.
- In depth knowledge of Semiconductor Manufacturing Process and solid understanding of Electronic Engineering Fundamentals and DFT concepts.
- Experience system level / mother board characterization and data collection.
- Expertise in programming with Scripting languages (i.e., PERL, Python).
- Knowledge to perform statistical data analysis using various tools (JMP etc.). Able to work with test equipment (i.e., oscilloscope, logic analyzer, etc.). Board bring up, hardware design and PDN noise analysis experience is a plus. Excellent communication skills to work with internal team members and external suppliers.
In this role, you will be responsible for Product Characterization on different setups and defining correlation between ATE and other logic boards. You will also focus on studying the impact of hardware on SOC performance. Core Responsibilities: • Perform data analysis, characterization, and fault isolation to determine the root cause of the issues. • Perform correlation between ATE and different hardware setups. • Work with design, process, and test engineers to identify and implement corrective actions on both new and mature products and technologies. • Define and finalize production screening guard-band specifications based upon design intent and characterization results. • Perform statistical data analysis on mass data set to setup test limits • Perform yield analyses and correlation analyses for all levels of test insertions. • Support test time reduction related characterization activities • Coordinate test related activities and reviews with both internal and external groups.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE or equivalent