Product Quality Engineer (PQE), Display - Korea
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. We invite you to join us on this journey and help us leave the world better than we found it! We are looking for an extraordinary Display Quality Engineer to lead the engineering and manufacturing activities to launch the next-generation display technologies for the displays in award-winning Apple products. The Display Quality Team is responsible for delivering the technologies with high quality products to enable the world’s best Apple display products. Each individual will serve as a focal point in process & quality improvement of new display panels from the engineering build to the product ramp.
- Experienced in-depth technical knowledge and consistent track record in display technologies, such as OLED, LCD and LED
- Proven track record to drive vendor in display quality improvement. Capability to plan process/design DOEs, implement failure analysis and come up with yield/quality improvement path
- Hands-on experience of electrical, optical analysis for display quality improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in English and Korean
1. New Product Introduction - Acts as a leading engineer to drive overall quality system development, quality control tool development to deliver scalable product - Review product/process design documentations and specification documentations to ensure alignment with process capability and yield target - Present timely, concise reports or plan for product yield performance, specification convergence status; drive Failure analysis, Corrective Action implementation plan, and yield bridge to mass production 2. Supplier Execution - Review supplier’s quality control flow, in process quality control system, in- coming components and out-going product’s quality control plan. Identify shortfalls and corrective actions to ensure design and yield target compliance - Work with supplier process/quality teams to map out process development exercises, secure resources, secure FA in order to improve yield and commit to schedules in line with program goals - Assess supplier’s production readiness to support build events and production ramp. Identify potential execution issues and provide recommendations to mitigate risk - Ensure processes and suppliers are performing as expected during production ramp, immediately addressing critical issues - Monitor supplier’s process performance, and yield loss at different process nodes periodically to prevent quality issue
Education & Experience
BS/MS with experience in display manufacturing or other display engineering areas.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- - Background with OLED, LCD, LED displays, materials, semiconductor process.
- - Knowledge of TFT, Touch, Electrical and Optical operations in display technology
- - In depth experience of electrical, optical display failure analysis and knowledge of general analysis tools (FIB/SEM, CT, Probe-Station, FTIR/Raman, Spectrometer, TDR etc…)
- - Travel required (up to 50%)