AMS Digital Design Engineer (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking and unusually creative RTL Design Engineer. As a member of our multifaceted group, you will have the rare and great opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every single day. You will join the AMS (Analog Mixed Signal) Design Team. We provide outstanding PHY designs for high-performance, low power applications. As a logic design engineer, you will be involved in all phases of the design, from concept study, architecture definition, design and verification, to silicon bring-up and characterization in our Munich team.
- Experience in digital design including RTL design experience
- Knowledge of best practices with respect to implementation of digital logic
- Understanding of digital design flow including RTL simulation, logic synthesis, timing constraints, timing closure, STA, back annotation of parasitics, gate level simulation, equivalence checking
- Understanding of Design Verification (DV) and the ability to write self-checking test suites
- Ability to write assembly level code and higher level code
- Ability to analyze a design and partition between HW implementation and SW control
- Experience in hands-on lab evaluation
- Understanding of ASIC test methodology such as scan insertion, memory BIST and test pattern generation
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills who has the desire to seek diverse challenges with international teams
- Ability to work well with international teams, take ownership and motivate self and others
- Proficiency in English language is required
- Work with systems team to understand the top level requirements of the digital functions and develop detailed specifications - Implement the function in Verilog RTL to specification - Partition the function between HW and FW for most efficient implementation - Develop RTL and FW to implement the function - Perform unit level testing on the RTL function Other responsibilities could include: - RTL synthesis - Equivalence checking Static Timing Analysis - Develop FW to support DV and ATE environments - Support the DV team by writing self-checking tests as required
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.