GPU Modelling Architecture Engineer
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. The Platform Architecture Graphics group is looking for talented engineers to build advanced simulation models of advanced GPU designs.
- As part of the team, a successful candidate will assist in hardware performance analysis, algorithm research and optimisation
- You will contribute to development of modelling tools and infrastructure necessary to do exploratory design and performance studies.
- You will own the design and validation of complex simulation code that accurately models hardware under exploratory development
- Fluent English language skills are required
• Significant experience coding GPU/CPU/DSP simulators or models • Experience writing functional and/or performance simulators for GPU, CPU or DSP architectures • Experience programming modern graphics APIs ( OpenGL/Direct3D/Metal/Vulkan) desired • Experience programming modern GPGPU APIs ( CUDA/OpenCL/Metal) is highly desired • Experience with modern cross-platform optimizing compiler tools ( eg. LLVM ) highly desired. • Excellent software development skills required, C++, scripting languages and software engineering infrastructure.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Some international travel required.