Wireless Standards team Opportunities
Beijing, Beijing, China
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our Hardware Technology Engineering group, you’ll craft sophisticated leading-edge wireless systems and algorithms that deliver more performance in our products than ever before. You’ll work across fields to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. Join the Wireless Standards team and be part of an outstanding team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. As a Senior Wireless Standardization Engineer, the candidate will be responsible for representing Apple and driving Apple’s strategic interest in related standard bodies in both 3GPP and CCSA. With the extraordinary opportunity to build innovations that benefit Apple’s product lines and generate new IP, he/she will be working with a team with multifaceted strengths in driving Apple’s global standardization activities.
- In-depth knowledge on wireless communication system, technology principles and standards, including but not limited to 3GPP 5G NR, 4G LTE.
- Demonstrated standardization experiences and leadership in 3GPP and CCSA with focus on cellular system performance definition/evaluations, carrier requirements and regulatory requirements
- Deep understanding of communication and RF theory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong communications and organizational skill and the ability to multitask across various fields and tasks
• You will participate in local/regional standards association meetings in CCSA • You will participate in 3GPP standards meetings • You will develop and run C/C++ simulations to help model the design and performance of PHY algorithms and RF performance for 5G • You will be part of a team defining and doing research of next generation standards
Education & Experience
Masters with 15+ years of relevant working experience