Mac Hardware System EE
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
At Apple, we don't just create products - we create innovation that transforms entire industries. Our team is made up of diverse individuals who bring a range of ideas and perspectives to the table. This is what drives the innovation that runs through everything we do, from ground-breaking technology to industry-leading sustainability initiatives. Join us to make world a better place. This is a System EE team role for Mac desktop products, will be based in Shenzhen China. We're looking for committed and driven individuals to join our team to provide design, test, validation, failure analysis and manufacturing support to our product. The candidate will play an important role in the development of Apple products, collaborating with mechanical engineering, software, testing engineering and other cross function teams.
- Strong EE fundamentals, grounded in a proven understanding of motherboard and system.
- Work experience in the design and development of high speed digital and/or analog boards and systems.
- Must have direct experience with one or more of the following technologies: high speed bus design, power design, industry standard protocols (PCIE, USB4, thunderbolt, etc.) and their design issues.
- Must have a proven understanding of the system development process including concept creation, schematics and board development, as well as board and system bring up and debugging.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technology and debug problems at varying levels of abstraction, from the system-level down to the silicon/transistor level.
- Experience with PCB bringup and debug, including new or custom silicon, using standard EE lab equipment: Soldering, DMM, Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, etc.
- Direct experience in high power X86/ARM servers, desktop and laptop, or communication devices and consumer electronics etc.
- Great understanding of TCP/IP and Ethernet network protocol are required.
- Software and scripting experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills in English and Chinese
- Beyond technical capability, we prize curiosity, creativity, integrity, leadership, collaboration, and a passion for learning
You will participate in design and development of next generation datacenter product from concept to mass production. Day to day tasks involved in electrical design, bringup, debug, and validation for products. You are the technical contact at OEM site to support various engineering builds. Represent the EE team in a multi-functional team environment. Helping factory with EE related issues and driving post ramp quality issues. You are able to identify and prioritize EE related issues. Drive resolution of multi-functional issues including those related to architecture (performance, power consumption, thermal behavior), production (quality, failure analysis, manufacturing), and development (schematic design, PCB layout, and overall system integration). Good ability for issue summary and reporting. You are able to manage vendor EE resources for better technical support.
Education & Experience
- BS Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent required; MS preferred
- 3+ years overall experience is preferred
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.