Sr SAP Performance Engineer, Enterprise Systems
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Do you love understanding every detail of how new technologies work? Join the team that serves as Apple's nerve center, our Information Systems and Technology group. There are countless ways you'll contribute here, whether you're coordinating technology needs for product launches, designing music solutions for retail locations, or ensuring the strength of in-store Wi-Fi connections. From Apple Pay to the Apple website to our data centers around the globe, you'll help design and handle the substantial systems that countless employees and customers rely on every day. You'll also build custom tools for employees, empowering them to solve sophisticated problems on their own. Join our team, and together we'll explore all the ways to improve how Apple operates, freeing our employees to do what they do best: craft magnificent experiences for our customers! At Apple, we aim to make extraordinary products for everyone — to enhance their lives and empower them! SAP Quality Engineering Team, part of the Information Systems And Technology (IS&T) organization, safeguards the performance health of SAP production systems and develops efficient, innovative solutions to ensure the quality and stability of Apple's enterprise software. As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to work on the performance engineering of various software products and technologies across many business segments. You will work with development engineers and functional analysts, understand new innovative software and architecture, and build solutions to evaluate performance and scalability.
- 5+ years of performance engineering experience or equivalent knowledge in Software Engineering
- Experience in testing, fixing & providing tuning recommendations for SAP applications.
- Experience in various software development and test methodologies
- Experience in performance testing tools such as Loadrunner Enterprise, Apache JMeter.
- Experience in data analysis and visualization.
- Experience in performance tuning of SQL queries.
- Experience in one or more programming languages such as Python, Perl, ABAP, Java, C++.
- Experience with JVM tuning techniques.
- Knowledge of Database Management Systems such as Oracle, SAP HANA. Exhibit creativity and a willingness to explore new technologies.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Work with multi-functional teams to characterize, debug, and improve system performance and scalability. - Define, develop and run performance and scalability tests and benchmarks. - Work efficiently with various profiling tools to identify performance bottlenecks and provide root cause analysis. - Devise and conduct experiments to evaluate the performance impact of system changes. - Design and develop a performance test automation framework. - Plan and implement performance tests and conduct analysis of the results. Participate in architecture and design reviews of sophisticated solutions in cross-team engineering efforts and own performance perspectives for the design. - Integrate performance tests in a continuous delivery environment and establish a continuous build and test cycle. - Develop performance test engineering principles, test strategies, and standard methodologies.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- - Experience in SAP technologies, including S/4 HANA.
- - Experience in performance assessment and optimization of complex applications built on the SAP BTP, AWS, or GCP.
- - Experience in performance testing and analysis of mobile apps.
- - Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- - Knowledge of Algorithms and Big O-Notation.