Molding Process Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Why Apple? At Apple we believe our products begin with our people. By hiring a diverse team we drive creative thought. By giving that team everything they need we drive innovation. By hiring incredible engineers we drive precision. And through our collaborative process we create memorable experiences for our customers. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Minimum 8 years in plastic tool design, mold making, molding industry and minimum 5 years in molding process position
- Experience in developing plastic processing parameters with hand-on experience in mold setup, process optimization and problem solving
- Experience in leading and develop precision parts, high pace and mass volume products with multiple vendors in parallel
- Good knowledge of geometric dimensioning, hot runner systems application and scientific molding technique
- Systematic, analytical & strong trouble shooting skills are a must to possess
- Able to analyze mold flow analysis, scientific study and provide improvement feedback
- Good knowledge in wide range of materials such as engineering plastic, liquid silicon rubber, thermal plastics, primer and epoxy
- Extensive experience in molding process setup, improvement and optimization
- Proficient in written, presentation and verbal communication
- Trouble shooting issues in scientific approach with the use engineering tools/ techniques such as decoupled molding, scientific molding approach, Tolerance Analysis, SPC, DOE and Six Sigma techniques - Take the leading role in driving the improvement of productivity and quality of plastic part manufacturing, molding and tooling techniques - Serve as Apple’s internal expert for molding process by leveraging a thorough understanding various material properties and tool component fabrication techniques - To take part in new material development, new process development and innovation - Work closely with Supply Management, Product Design, Industrial Design, Quality and Manufacturing Engineering groups on new part designs - Frequent travel is required and up to 70% on-site support traveling is required, covering China, India, and other APAC countries.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor Degree and above in Engineering, Plastics Technology, Polymer Science or equivalent