RF Engineering Project Manager
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Apple’s Wireless EPM team is looking for a dynamic, hard-working and highly motivated Engineering Program Manager responsible for leading multi-functional wireless engineering programs. This is an outstanding opportunity to experience and be a part of Apple’s product introduction process for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac and more, from prototype to mass production. The EPM role is highly technical and leverages on a proven EE/RF background to understand technical details of multi-functional issues and risks. The role requires an outstanding mix of technical knowledge and project management experience, to cover breadth of program variables and depth of specific technical issues.
- 5+ years of strong technical experience in RF/Wireless Communications industry.
- Required: Wireless Hardware design experience and/or Wireless Hardware architecture knowledge. Technologies include one or more of: Cellular, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, UWB, NFC.
- Required: Hardware NPI program management experience. Knowledge of Program management abilities. Capability of driving Executive reviews.
- Experience leading and driving teams in multi-functional environment.
- Dynamic and “can do” attitude with the desire to work with a great team and product.
- Willingness to work independently and travel frequently.
Lead multi-functional Wireless engineering teams for NPI process from prototype to mass production. Act as the primary Wireless technical leader for a product and manufacturing site. Work closely with development teams early in the product development lifecycle to define and implement RF Design at both board and system level. Responsible for driving the project build plans for development and material preparation. Drive multi-functional teams for failure / root cause analysis and implement corrective action measures. Be the main contact concerning wireless tests and processes with our Contract Manufacturers. Responsible for presenting RF design & test status and corrective actions to technical staff and executive management in clear and concise manner. Work with and drive vendors, integrating their deliverables and schedules into the project. Work closely with Operations to ensure smooth handover from NPI to mass production. Ability to take care of multifaceted and constantly evolving environment requiring efficient and timely decision making. Frequent travel is expected (20-35+%).
Education & Experience
Master’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or related field and 5 years of dynamic, post-baccalaureate experience in job offered or occupation.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.