Machine Learning Algorithm Engineer (CVL)
Beijing, Beijing, China
Machine Learning and AI
The China Vision Lab (CVL) located in Beijing, is responsible for developing real-time on-device Computer Vision and Machine Perception technologies across Apple products. At Apple, you will have the opportunity to work together with the smartest people in the world and make great contribution to the most popular products in the world. The ideal candidate should possess the self-motivation, curiosity, and initiative to achieve the goals. The candidate should be a lifelong learner passionately seeking to improve themselves and the quality of their work. If you are the kind of people who are passionate on pursuing excellence, embracing challenges, enjoying work with others, learning new things along the way, Apple is the right place for you. The ideal candidate will possess the self-motivation, curiosity, and initiative to achieve those goals. Analogously, the candidate is a lifelong learner who passionately seeks to improve themselves and the quality of their work.
- Rich industrial experience in computer vision, covering at least one of following topics: representation learning, video retrieval, data-centric AI, vision foundation models, model interpretability
- Solid understanding of state-of-the-arts about computer vision algorithms and data pipeline
- Proficient in Python and popular deep learning framework to prove the concept
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills
- Proactive and results-oriented
- Publication record in relevant venues (e.g. NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, SIGGRAPH)
- Have successful project experience on one of following areas, including active learning, data-centric AI or data efficiency
CVL team is looking for a machine learning engineer with computer vision background. We expect this role to build the intelligent and efficient model development pipelines by machine learning method with the team together. It includes but not limited to: - Leverage, develop and improve cutting-edge techniques and frameworks in machine learning, deep learning, and statistical modeling to deliver better data quality and build advanced machine learning pipeline. - Build and continuously improve scalable and efficient data curation pipelines, ensuring seamless integration into production systems. - Collaborate with cross-functional teams, study state-of-the-arts, innovate on production data and successfully apply the intelligent methods & tools to model development loop. - Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements and research in machine learning and data-centric AI, actively participating in the research community. Specifically, this role is expected to collaborate with cross-functional teams, study state-of-the-arts, innovate on real data and successfully apply the model-based methods & tools to machine learning development loop.
Education & Experience
M.S. or PhD in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering / other related fields focused on computer vision or machine learning like mathematics, physics and etc. Keywords: machine learning pipeline optimization, data-centric AI, vision foundation models, video retrieval, model interpretability.