Enterprise Technical Support Engineer
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We're seeking a Technical Support Engineer to work in the AppleCare Enterprise Services group providing advanced technical assistance via telephone, e-mail, and occasional on-site visits to ACES Enterprise customers deploying solutions based on Apple products.
- Ability to collect information and engage in complex problems as well as willingness to work with team members asking and answering inquiries.
- Experience with integrating, aiding support for and troubleshooting Apple products in dynamic environments.
- Experience using client and device management tools such as Mobile Device Management software and supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft and UNIX operating systems and directory services.
- Knowledge of UNIX command-line, scripting, backup/restore operations, network storage troubleshooting a plus.
- Self starter with excellent Enterprise level customer-facing interface skills along with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Senior-level department server administration experience is a plus.
- Occasional (scheduled) domestic and international travel, after-hours, weekend, and on call duty rotation.
In this role, you will: Provide solutions to technical problems for system administrators deploying, managing, and integrating Apple products with third party products and server platforms, or networks. Assist in the creation and maintenance of technical resource documents and other operational duties within the department. Work with customers to address post-sales technical customer support issues. Craft and supervise technical critical issues retaining customer issue ownership in order to provide timely follow up with customer as required. Work with many multi-functional groups including Apple Sales, Product Engineering, Product Marketing, and service groups within Apple, to champion and resolve customer issues. Responsible for effectively positioning Apple's support products and technical solutions. Follow established procedures. You will have maintained above average attendance and phone metrics in the most recently held support position. You will be a strong advocate for happiness of customers and have excellent general knowledge of networking and server administration, with strong technical foundation in troubleshooting theory and aptitude. Have validated experience with iOS, Windows, or Unix, administration is ideal. Strong self-motivation and flexibility and willingness to accept additional responsibilities as they develop. Research, investigate and provide high quality responses to technical inquiries and maintain an ongoing authoritative knowledge of diverse technologies and able and willing to pursue new roles, assignments, and responsibilities as needed.
Education & Experience
BA/BS preferred plus 1-2 years of experience in a customer service/support environment, or equivalent experience.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.