RF Cellular Transceiver Validation Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing cellular wireless design team? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of integration for highly integrated RF cellular SoCs in sophisticated technology nodes? Our team is responsible for all aspects of cellular transceiver silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly integrated and efficient designs and technologies that transform the user experience at the product level. We invite you to join us if you are looking for an exciting RF Validation Engineering position to work on RF cellular transceiver SoCs! You will work with RFIC circuit designers and system integration engineers to validate major RF cellular system performance.
- Proven verification skills in problem-solving and debugging, especially in mmWave technology.
- Extensive experience with bringing up and testing RFIC, performing system bring up, characterization, and optimization.
- Experience in end-to-end mmWave RF measurements, as well as block-level debugging such as LNAs, Mixers, Amplifiers, PLLs, VCOs, ADCs, DACs, and DSP blocks.
- Excellent ability to collaborate with different teams (IC Design, RF Systems, Firmware, and HW teams) within Apple.
- Bench Automation experience and proficiency with measurement automation tools and scripting languages, such as Python.
- Experience with lab equipment such as spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, phase noise analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Good understanding of board schematics, and layout. Experience with defining HW board requirements for validation board.
- Experience supporting ATE engineers and mass production will be a plus.
- Experience with DSP or PHY Verification would be useful.
- BS and 3+ years of relevant industry experience required. Masters preferred.
As an RFIC validation engineer, you will engage in the key task of crafting, developing, and testing that cellular SoCs implement designs to their specification. This work includes understanding design specifications and schematics and using highly niche test platforms to validate accurate operations of the RFIC. Tasks will include working with scripting languages in conjunction with embedded FW to confirm functionality and evaluate the performance of RF Cellular SoCs.
Education & Experience
BS and 3+ years of relevant industry experience required.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.