Design Verification Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for an exceptionally talented design verification engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every single day. This role is for someone with DV experience who will help to produce fully functional first silicon for Analog/Digital IP designs. The responsibilities include all phases of pre-silicon verification including but not limited to: establishing DV methodology, test-plan development, verification environment development including stimulus and checkers, test-writing, debug, coverage, sign-off for RTL freeze and tape-out.
- Advanced knowledge of SystemVerilog and UVM
- Experience developing scalable and portable test-benches
- Experience with verification methodologies and tools such as simulators, waveform viewers, build/run automation, coverage collection, gate level simulations
- Experience with serial protocols such as PCIe or USB
- Experience with IP verification method
- Deep knowledge with IPs developments such as PHYs, PLLs etc.
- In lieu of UVM knowledge, C/C++ experienced level knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of one of the scripting languages: Python, Perl, TCL
- Proven knowledge of formal verification methodology
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring bug-free first silicon for part of the SoC / IP and are expected to: Develop detailed test and coverage plans based on the micro-architecture Develop verification methodology suitable for the IP, ensuring a scalable and portable environment. Develop verification environment, including all the respective components such as stimulus, checkers, assertions, trackers, coverage. Develop verification plans for all features under your care. Execute verification plans, including design bring-up, DV environment bring-up, regression enabling all features under your care, and debug of the test failures. Develop block, IP and SoC level test-benches Track and report DV progress using a variety of metrics, including bugs and coverage. Develop IP simulation environment, and work closely with analog team to ensure overall bug-free IP design.
Education & Experience
BS degree in technical discipline with minimum 3 years of relevant experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.