Touch Electrical Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Design, develop, and launch next-generation Touch Technologies in Apple products. The Touch Technology team develops cutting-edge Touch solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the MacBook, MBP, MBA, Watch, HomePod, AppleTV and more. The key goal of the Touch Technology team is to enable the world’s best multi-touch user-experience. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem-solving skills of hardworking and thoughtful individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. Come, join us in crafting outstanding solutions!
- Strong electrical engineering background in analog or mixed-signal design. (e.g. Op-Amp, feedback, filter, ADC/DAC or signal processing, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in module- or system-level design in one or more phases including hardware design, fabrication, testing, validation and mass production.
- Scripting (e.g. Python, MATLAB, LabView or JMP) capability to enable data collection and analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven teamwork and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in COMSOL, SPICE or similar simulation and modeling tools is a plus.
- Experience with Touch or capacitive sensing technology is a plus.
- Touch panel sensor design and integration from proof of concept to mass production. - Schematic design of boards and flexible assemblies. - Touch ASIC system-level bring-up and integration. - Touch subsystem modeling and prototyping. - Failure mode analysis, root cause diagnosis, and system-level problem solving. - Design analysis, characterization, and validation. - Support factory prototype builds - Touch technology scoping and proof-of-concept investigations. - Business travel to support product development. CROSS-FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: - Manage cross-function technical development of Touch solutions. - Engage and collaborate with multi-functional teams, including Mechanical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, and Process Engineering, to deliver state-of-the-art Touch solutions. - Author executive communications pertaining to key development checkpoints. - Contribute technical assessments to strategic decision-making relating to technology and investments.
Education & Experience
B.S or above in Electrical Engineering with 2+ years of relevant experience.